Sunday, January 29, 2012

The End of an Era

Well, my short-lived career as a stay-at-home mom is coming to an end, in other words, my maternity leave is over.  Going back to work tomorrow is such a mixed bag.  I am anxious to finally be a practicing attorney, 3.5 months after I was sworn in.  But, I have loved spending my days with D and I am going to miss cuddling him whenever I want to.  The fact that his Grandma PJ will be watching him makes the transition a little less painful (at least I hope that's the case).

Our last week home together was pretty uneventful.  I held him more than usual and I napped more than usual, but other than that we just spent our last week of maternity leave hanging out.  On Thursday D got his second round of vaccines.  I asked them to do a weight check and he weighed in at 10lbs 15oz!!  I can't believe my 4lb preemie is practically 11lbs.  We have had a lot of struggles with feedings and I get very discouraged with all the pumping, but knowing he is growing so well makes all the frustrations worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment