Sunday, February 26, 2012

What Happened to My Preemie?

Because there really isn't anything "preemie" about him these days.  He seems like a typical 3.5 month old.  He is cooing, smiling and "standing" in my lap. He gets mad when we don't feed him fast enough and he smiles when we tickle his chins (notice I said chins and not neck).  He stares at himself in the mirror and he studies my mouth when I sing to him.  I love watching him change before my eyes, but it makes me sad that these days are flying by.  Friday I got to go to Carters and drop a pretty penny to buy his 6 month wardrobe, which was fun.  But, I spent today packing up all of his 3 month clothes.  I felt like such a sap going through every piece and smelling them and folding them and putting them away.  I am glad I have this blog because I don't want to forget a single minute of these times!
There are weeks I feel like I have nothing to write in this blog, but hten I realize that's a good thing.  When I started this blog I spent my time dwelling on ounces gained and irregular heartrates.  I am so happy I don't have to worry about those things.  If the hardest thing I have to deal with is packing up D's 3 month clothes, I consider myself pretty darn lucky!



No comments:

Post a Comment